Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An other day or a special sunday

As the Red ball of fire set itself to rise on a chilly morning with the birds chirping and the watchman cleaning the corridors of my apartment rather noisily i rose from bed from a sleepless night the previous day. As i rose and turned thru the newspaper that morning i realised that i need to leave at the earliest from home . I quickly got ready and started my jouney . As i was driving my mind was preoccupied with all thoughts as to what would happen, is everything well . As i entered the gates to park my vehicle I prayed and hoped god is kind to us . I crossed my heart in front of mother mary wishing me good luck for the day which had been my routine for the last 2 days.

As i set in to the big lobby and climed up the stairs and saw people scattered everywhere my heart started to beat fast .I reached the hall and saw anxious people . Each of them engrossed in thier conversions contemplating what would be the result. As the day progressed the time was nearing. I could see happyfaces congragulating each other and anxious faces expecting to be happy in time to come .As the time drew near i pray silently and could hear some who prayed and walked .I spoke to some and spoke my heart out to ooze out the fear in me.

As time passed by a Lady in her 40's walked by and directed a group of assistants and we could see the arrangements being done in a hurry . I knew the time was coming near .As the words Jai Amba Bavani, Om Sai Ram poured out of my mouth and the one's near me ,the work had already started and by the time i could end my prayer around 2.10pm ..... 14th Oct on a sunday afternoon .I saw the lady... seemed like the boss once again emerging out of the room holding something in the style of a vegetable and calling me . She patted around the same once , twice and then said " Look at your father " and said to me.. you are the proud father of a princess when i realised that my prayers were answered . My face blushed when i saw my wife also withe my princess come back to the labour ward hale and healthy. I forgot the sleepless previous night the anxiety and prayed and thanked the Almighty for his kindness. I could see smiling faces ,exchanges of congrats and relief. The sparkiling eyes of the new entrant into our lives .....our princess made the day and moment very special.

As my thoughts and mind wandered back on the same day exactly after a year i wondered was it just an other day or a special day in our lives . It was indeed a Special Sunday .Some moments and people light our lives for a new beginning.

1 comment:

Soumya said...

Indeed it was a very special sunday and not an other day! Excellent Write up :)